Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
ddev1702
My Device: 9000
Accepted Solution

"Checkout " implementation

hi!

can any one tell me how to implement CHECKOUT functionality for shopping through app?Actually i want to  create simple app ,where user get a list of items and user can add those items to Shopping Cart and finally  can pay through credit cards.i have implemented upto Shopping Cart functionality,but cant implement that Checkout portion.

So, i need your help..plz..

Thanks in advance

d.dev
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: "Checkout " implementation

You're talking about BB In-App purchases?
Please use plain text.
Developer
ddev1702

i am  building this app for both BB  and adroid.so.is it possible to do this?i have .ane file.

d.dev
Please use plain text.
Developer
ddev1702

i have a list of items which are coming from amazon server.so how to provide purchase facility depending on user's total purchase?
d.dev
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Not certain. If you have code to do this, then you have to get with them to make it work. I thought (could be wrong), that purchases on BlackBerry can only be via BlackBerry (in-app purchases API). If this is a retail purchase app (POS), then the provider of that service would be able to give you more feedback. The ANE has to compiled for BB10. I dont believe an Android ANE would work on BB10 (but I've never tried it either). If the Android ANE is Java based, the I know it wont work on BB10 (no JRE).
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Confirmed. Android ANE's will not work. Nor will IOS, Windows or Mac ANE's. That's the point of an ANE. They need to be compiled for QNX using the PB/BB10 native SDK.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

[ Edited ]

It can be done from within AS3/AIR, but it's pretty complicated. Here's an old article about doing it in Flex, Flash Builder 4.0 with a desktop AIR app. You'll need to use a different way to call the the web browser on mobile, and the PayPal API's will probably have changed by now...

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/flex_paypal.html

Easiest way is probably using a StageWebView (or QNXStageWebView) to send the user to a page on your site, and use PayPal or Amazon there. Then upon purchase, poll for new info from your site or send a push to the app.

Remember that you'll still have to pay RIM their share of revenue generated by the app. If you bypass App World you'll have to do a lot more work, notify RIM of sales, handle monthly payments and open up your accounts for inspection on demand.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Developer
ddev1702

[ Edited ]

thank you for reply..but,if i create my app for these 2  environment  separately.then is it possible to implement InApp Purchase with diff..ANE file?if yes,then plz tell me..actually,my aim is to anyhow provide users to purchase those products.and for this i am using amazon service.so if InApp Purchase facility wont work what should i go for?Paypal?

plz give me some idea....

d.dev
Please use plain text.
Developer
ddev1702

Thank u.. my problem is solved. followed this site:http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/flex_paypal.html

and now i am able to access  paypal a/c through my app

d.dev
Please use plain text.