Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: "Error: unknown protocol: c" on command line install+launch

Hi, Thanks for the help, I am able to run my app in blackberry simulator. I am facing a problem with sound. Sound is not coming when I run the app with simulator but it comes when I run tthe same app with the web browser. Any help ???
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey,

sound in the current simulator is not working properly is now a known issue. it has been reported and we have been told they will work on a fix for the next simulator.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Contributor

Problem solved. In the Windows user name had Cyrillic characters - created to test a new user name in Latin - the error has disappeared.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Wow. I think I'd report that as a bug. Nice detective work. Is that your windows login ID that has Cyrillic characters you mean?

Bill

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
New Contributor

=)

My login in Windows 7 (by which I enter into the OS) had Cyrillic characters, respectively, and a folder in C:\Users\ have the same characters. As soon as I started to use a different username (eg, alex - the Latin alphabet) when compiling the user's Windows folder also had the only Latin characters.

P.S. Perhaps I was too happy that my problem is solved, and forgot to clarify that the problem is solved only mine (see my previous post in this topic). The problem of the author's topic is still pending.

Contributor

Oh, my problem was solved long ago: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/quot-Error-unknown-protocol-c-quo...

Similarly to your problem, it had to do with unhandled characters in the project's file path. In my case, it was whitespace.

New Contributor

Thank you for pointing out, I just started to to orient on the forum)
In general, it is strange that the developers of such a complex and important product, do not worry too much about the correct handling of such cases.

Contributor

This is why the SDK is in beta Smiley Happy

I'm guessing it's an oversight, as this pathing stuff seems to be handled by libraries written by Sun/Oracle, not RIM. URI.parse not handling characters appropriately is the culprit here.

Highlighted
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

I was facing this annoying error even though my workspace did not have hyphens or spaces in them.

But it got me thinking in terms of supported characters for your package names.

If you have special charachters in your package name,workspace directory name etc like é in Café it java runtime throws up an invalide protocol error