Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
ddev1702
My Device: 9000

"PINTEREST" LOGIN:

Hi everyone ,

i have to implement  Pinterset.Actually my objective  is  to share photo from my device  through my Flex app.but i dont have any idea how to do this?

can anyone give me any idea about it>

Thanks in advance...

d.dev
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: "PINTEREST" LOGIN:

Which part are you having trouble? Making an AIR app or interfacing to PInterest?
Developer
ddev1702

no.i can build app in flex but  i cant implement the code for accessing Pinterest.Initially i just want to have an image which wiil have a button to ping to Pinterest.I cant nderstand how to start ?like FB do i need secret key and api key for that?

plz give me some idea.

d.dev
Developer
jtegen

I did a quick search for PInterest API, can I can not find an "official" one. Plus PInterest requires an account just to view their site. "Typically", you need a developer key and some kind of API (RESTful or WebService) to access information, which would include accessing images.

Do you have a good link for that?
Developer
ddev1702

No,i dnt have either of these 2.and i cant find out any link for those also.what do you think  Jtgen,is it possible to implement this?

d.dev
Developer
jtegen

Without an API to access the images, it will be difficult. You might be able to reverse engineer something, but you may need to make certain you are not violating any of their terms.
Developer
ddev1702

Reverse Engineering?how is it possible?can i get brief  idea?

d.dev
Developer
jtegen

Look at how they organize their photos on the their web pages and see if there is a way to query the information the same way the web pages do.