Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
PlayDev
My Device: Playbook

"appworld://content/xxxxx" - Not opening app page.

Note: I also posted this in the appworld forum, but since most of use this method via navigatetourl, I thought it would be important to post here as well.

I'm using os beta 2.0+ so I don't know if this was happening before or not. But I have confirmed that one of my apps when linked to the appworld using: "appworld://content/xxxxx" does not work. It opens up appworld, but does not go to the app page. This makes advertising and cross promotions useless.

Even linking to the same app using "http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/xxxxx" does not work on the Playbook. It again just goes to the appworld without opening the app page so the end user thinks the product is not available.

End users can still find the app when searching for it, but direct links to the app from external web sites or from inside the app do not work.

I don't know if this is related or not, but it seems it's only affecting my most recent app. Which was released 4 days ago. You should check your most recent apps to make sure your links are working properly.

I contacted support via the vendor support form.

Regular Contributor
PlayDev

Re: "appworld://content/xxxxx" - Not opening app page.

Bummer, I found another app that also behaves like this. So that's now 2 apps that all external links in websites and from within the playbook do not work. They open the appworld fine, just do not go to the app page. Making all of my advertising efforts a costly failure for these 2 apps. wow... !#$%^&*(

Regular Contributor
PlayDev

An easy way to test this is just go to the vendor page from the web appworld (from your Playbook) and click on one of your product links. The appworld app should load and open up your app page.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/xxxxx

Replace xxxxx with your vendor id.

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Works fine for me in 2.0 beta build 7111.
Regular Contributor
PlayDev

It's an intermittent problem probably only affecting some apps. Hell.... maybe just mine. :smileyhappy: lol.. I have several apps and only 2 are affected. Strange that you can search for them and find them but no direct linking to them from web sites or from within an app.

Regular Contributor
PlayDev

Something strange indeed is going on. All of my apps submitted in 2012 are  not allowing to be externally linked to the appworld pages, they just go to the appworld and not open the app page. Several tickets sent off, no reply. bummer...

Regular Contributor
PlayDev

I downgraded back to the latest public os release and everything is working fine. So it could be related to something in in the beta 2.0 os not recognizing certain apps for some reason. Case closed until the official os update is released.