Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
gpatton
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

re signing an app

Hey guys,

So I signed my app, and realized at the last minute that I had some changes to be made. Bad decision..I know..

So I went to go resign and use the csj file that I had before, but it gave me an error so I went straight to the first step of actually signing the app...and this is the error I got:

barsigner error: server error: Code signing request failed because this file has been previously signed.

I know what they're trying to say, because I've already signed the app, I can't do it again.....but how do I fix it?

Do i have to request a new signing key?

G

Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Re: re signing an app

[ Edited ]

No, you just need to change your version number. so if it was 1.0.0 before, change it to 1.0.1 (or whatever you want it to be.)

This needs to be done in your "yourappname"-app.xml file.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
gpatton
My Device: Bold 9900

Thanks! Saved my day!

G

Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

No worries! After all the help I've gotten its nice to give back what I can!

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -