Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
alexperri7
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: signing app on mac

So nothing was able to fix that issue, and the bar file I'm using was compiled in Burrito, so i determined that I will need to compile it using the command line. After trying all afternoon, all I was left with is frustration. It is not working. Could someone give me a step by step as to how to compile my project to a bar file from terminal? My files are as follows:

Project is saved to Users/AP_Photography/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito Preview/test2

In that folder, these are the contents:

bin-debug (folder)

libs (folder)

linked-swc (folder)

src (folder)

In bin-debug and src folder, these are the contents:

agenda_bg.png

agenda_icon.png

blackberry-tablet.mxml

checklist_bg.png

checklist_icon.png

expenses_bg.png

expenses_icon.png

header_menu_icon.png

HeaderMenu.mxml

portfolio_bg.png

portfolio_icon.png

ppoicon.png

profile_bg.png

profile_icon.png

splash.jpg

test2-app.xml

test2.mxml

views (folder)

[contains] test2Home.mxml

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey alex,

if u are using burrito try following these steps in the following thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Useful-Tip-Package-Images-Via-Com...

but a few things before starting, keep everything the way it was in the src directory. the bin-debug directory is going to change. Before starting, go to Project > Clean Project and this will rebuild your bin-debug directory. We are going to compile your project via Burrito and then package and sign in the command prompt.

It will probably be easier on you if you can move all your images to one directory. that way when u do package, you can just use the base folder name instead of the individual file names of your images. remember to update any references to those images in your application. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Developer
alexperri7

[ Edited ]

Thanks JRab.

I actually figured somethign out- Burrito was compiling using the 0.9.2 sdk for some reason, which was causing the error, so everything runs smoothly, but now there is one more error (hopefully the last).

Error = Code signing request failed because Application-Development-Mode in Manifest is present and is not set to [false].
]
barsigner error: server error: Code signing request failed because Application-Development-Mode in Manifest is present and is not set to [false].

How do I set that to false or turn off development mode?

--Edit--

Just read the link you sent me. Gonna try that now. Thanks!

My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

[ Edited ]

EDIT: Ahh just saw your edit. good to see you went to the link! nice :smileyhappy:

hey alex,

that means you have to set the -debug=false in the compiler settings. i strongly urge you to go to the thread i posted above while doing all this. it will show you what to do at all the steps. even after setting the compiler to turn off debugging, you will have to go into the -app.xml to make some changes to get rid of the debug mentions. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
alexperri7

[ Edited ]

Alright, followed those steps, and tried to compile with terminal and now got this error:

Error: Application-Name exceeds 25 chars.

I was having that issue a while ago when trying to run my app on the simulator because it was adding debug to the ending of my app's name, but that shouldn't be happening now when compiling with the command line.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
alexperri7

Fixed the error. Seems that the appname-app.xml file didn't save and debug was still showing up in the app name there. The bar file was finally created using terminal. Now I'm going to attempt to sign it.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
alexperri7

Everythign went smoothly up until it tells me:

Error = Code signing request failed because this file has been previously signed.
]
barsigner error: server error: Code signing request failed because this file has been previously signed.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

hey alex,

even when you attempt to sign a bar, it counts as an "attempt" and its stored on their servers. so you will have to change the version in your -app.xml file and repackage. so open the -app.xml where u edited the debug info and change teh version number to something like 1.0.1 and then save it and package your application and attempt to sign it again and it should work. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Please use plain text.
New Developer
alexperri7

Wow this is driving me nuts haha. Gonna give it a try. Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
elena_laskavaia
My Device: PlayBook

Full package version has 4 digits, first 3 are from -app.xml and last is buildId.

You can set build id from command line - so you don't have to change any code, i.e.

blackberry-airpackager ... -buildId 22 ...

This tool can sign also if you pass all signing options to it.

You can also write a script that would increse build id every time you run it

Please use plain text.