Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
ehab_fadl
My Device: Not Specified

Re: signing process

Than you peter yes it was Pin code that I didn't use: that was helpful

I made csk file

register with rim - recieved the email

made certificate

but stuck to double signing- first step:

I faced this problem:

"barsigner error: server error: Code signing request failed because Package-Autho
r in Manifest is not set to [Ehab]."

I searched for it, but can't find any solution my Vendor Name is "Ehab Mohammed Ali Fadl"

I used in the command line which made the certificate..

New Developer
ehab_fadl

Is there any problem with spaces

New Developer
ehab_fadl

I used this tag

<publisher>Ehab Mohammed Ali Fadl</publisher>

in blackberry-tablet.xml

and didn't write the <publisher> tag in app.xml as it doesn't allow spaces.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

You should search and read carefully the How To Sign from the Command Line thread and others, because at this point probably all of your issues have already been encountered by others and fully documented there.

Posting the same questions again here is unnecessary.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer
ehab_fadl

I checked the manifest.mf file for Package-Author was "Ehab Mohammed Ali Fadl"

Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

When you registered for your keys what did you put down as you Company name? that needs to match what you put in the cmd line for publisher.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
New Developer
ehab_fadl

yes that correct n, I used "Ehab" for my comapny name in the registration process.

It seems like a problem so I contact dev. support for a solution. thank you all for your help

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Hey ehab,

Your best bet at this point will be to re-order your signing keys this time with the proper full name that u used in ur vendor registration and ur application's publisher tags. Whatever you put as ur "company name" before will be registered with the old keys and cannot change. Good luck!
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

To reinforce what JRab said, here's the text you would have seen in the web form if you clicked on the little ? next to the help text for that field:

"When you create a developer certificate, ensure that the common name (company name) matches what you enter in the Company field on this form.

You will not be able to sign your BlackBerry Tablet OS Application if these names do not match."

So if I were you I'd close your support request and just re-apply... they'll likely just be telling you to do that if/when they get back to you, but meanwhile you'll just be waiting.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
fues

I too am having serious problems signing my approved app.
So I'll start with the first step (I already received a csj file):
Initialize communication with the RIM® Signing Authority by using the blackberry-signer tool. The following command creates a barsigner.csk file.The blackberry-signer tool writes this file to one of the following locations: Mac OS X ~/Library/Research In Motion
How do I initialize communication ?