02-09-2011 06:24 PM
I built my PB app first in Air, and now I'm making the final touches for the PB device itself. The app works great in Air, but on PB I'm getting two sound issues.
The first issue is that I do not hear any sounds at all in my app. I thought I had seen another post on this, but I can't find it now. I am creating the (embedded) sounds and playing them without crashes, but no sound is heard.
The second issue relates to the sound channel.
var sound:Sound = new SoundAsset(); var newSoundchannel:SoundChannel; newSoundchannel = sound.play(startTime); newSoundchannel.soundTransform.volume = volume;
SoundAsset and sound are both non-null. However, newSoundChannel is always null (startTime = 0). This works in Air, but not on the PB. How is volume controlled otherwise?
Have these issues been addressed before?
02-09-2011 09:18 PM
I got the impression it had to do with some missing drivers. Let's hope that we can get an update sooner than a month to resolve this.
Amen to that!
I don't think it's drivers, though, as the browser can produce sound just fine. I think it's just one of those silly glitches, probably something last-minute with file permissions, that occur when people rush... and they don't seem to have any adequate regression testing process, in spite of employing 10,000 Waterloo co-op students, who are always the ones assigned to that dreary task. ;-)
02-09-2011 09:21 PM
Hahaha hey I'm headed there so it can't be all bad Really need that File bug resolved, hopefully they can release a bugfix simulator shortly