Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
ashish117
My Device: Not Specified

tablet os does not show while debugging

Hello

I am using Flash Builder 4 to do the development for the tablet. I am trying to deploy the Hello World application to the playbook.  But when I try to debug, I can only see Desktop application and Web application. I  cannot see the tablet os sdk.

I uninstalled and re-installed everything and I think I have the Flash Builder 4.01.Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: tablet os does not show while debugging

hey ashish,

have you successfully installed the BlackBerry PlayBook SDK with the installer by locating the flash builder 4 application directory? You might have to redo the installation if you updated to Flash Builder 4.0.1 after u installed the SDK. If you successfullly installed the SDK into Flash Builder, navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\ and see what folder are available. There should be a folder called blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.0 if you installed it properly. If not redo the SDK installation. If its there do the following:

Go to Preferences > Flash Builder > Installed Flex SDKs and go to the Add option and navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.0 and add the SDK manually. If you are on a Mac the folder locations will be different but the instructions should be the same.

also a side note to check what version of Flash Builder you have installed go to Help > About Flash Builder 4 and it will show you a pop up with the version number for flash builder in the lower right hand corner.

also another side note, this post might be able to help you further if none of these steps helped:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Flash-Builder-4-does-not-have-the...

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
ashish117
My Device: Not Specified

Re: tablet os does not show while debugging

Thanks .... After spending half a day installing and re-installing everything, I figured that all I had to do was run Flash Builder as administrator

Please use plain text.