Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
Logicon211
My Device: Curve

ugh, Code signing went wrong

So I tried to code sign my finished app. When I went to sign the package with the certificate it told me I had a wrong publisher name in my xml file (it was a typo). I fixed it and tried again and then it said it failed because it had already been signed (which it hadn't).

So I started over from the beginning, and now I can't use my csj file because I had already registered it with the server. There's no way I cn get another key before the end of the free playbook promotion.

Is there any way to get the code signer to take what I have even though it thinks i'm already registered somehow?

I would really hate to see me be disqualified for  this promotion because of a simple error that stopped me from submitting on time

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: ugh, Code signing went wrong

hey,

whenever it says that the app is already registered, you just have increment the version number of hte application to something like 1.0.1 in the -app.xml file and it'll work when u re-sign. DO NOT run through the key registration steps more than once using hte same .csj file -- it corrupts the DB and u have to order a new set of keys a majority of the time.

in the event the key db still works, increment the version number in the -app.xml file and resign. if it doesnt work, u will need to re-order keys. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Logicon211

I didn't realize this and I had deleted what was in the DB...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
macwarrior
My Device: None

[ Edited ]

The reason it said it had already been signed is probably because you didn't increment the version number. Maybe the signer checks the version before it actually signs the code? I dunno, but that I think is the only reason it would say "already signed".

Try using the command-line tools -- I had no end of problems getting my thing signed in Flash Builder but the CLI worked great. It throws more informative errors too.

[e] if you deleted the DB you're out of luck, sorry. You'll have to wait for new keys. Submit the unsigned app anyway so you have something in before the deadline?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Logicon211

[ Edited ]

Will it be rejected if it's unsigned though?

Or more specifically, will I lose out on the promotion?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
macwarrior
My Device: None

I have no idea. I got an unsigned app approved, though I did have signed versions "under testing" at the same time.

RIM has also said that if you submit something before the deadline and it gets denied afterwards, they will "work with developers on a case by case basis" to get you accepted. They aren't saying outright that you'll still get the hardware but I think it's implied, provided that that you got rejected just because of some technical issue like signing or a hidden bug and not because you deliberately submitted something broken to try and get in before the deadline.

It can't hurt to try, anyway.

Please use plain text.