Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook
Accepted Solution

vendor portal: Can't post for sale

I recently added a new App to the Vendor portal and submitted it for review. For some odd reason, it was denied because the app icon didn't work (it worked for me, so don't know what the problem was).

I then tried to upload new files for the releases but it didn't work, because of the version name (it's my first paid/try&buy app). The problem was something like "version name has to be higher than some other version.

So i wasn't able to save the new bundles for the version and trial version. Therefor I created new releases and they got approved tonight.

Now the problem is: I can't post the app for sale because the old refused releases are in the submit-for-removal-queue and I have no idea how to delete them.

In the change request history I have one item "Waiting on test house" for the old releases so the only thing I can do is submit the old ones for review :smileysad:

Anyone had a similar problem and knows how to deleted this waiting on test house, even though they are not submitted and never will be?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: vendor portal: Can't post for sale

Developers are not able to delete entries in App World. When you do a try & buy, you can increment the build number to make the 2 versions unique. But the trial version has to be higher than the paid version or the users will likely get the paid version when they try to get the trial version. Apparently App World does not fully look at the "trial" checkbox/flag to determine which BAR file to download.

So for example:
Version 1.5.0 should be
1.5.0.100 for paid
1.5.0.101 for trial
(the build number can be anything, 100 series to illustrate that this is a build index and not a major.minor.patch version.

You might want to post this in the App World forum so App World developers will see it and help you out.
Please use plain text.
Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

Re: vendor portal: Can't post for sale

[ Edited ]

EDIT: it works now... but the whole system is very complicated.

Now I have to wait until they approve this new release...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Please use plain text.