Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Trusted Contributor
chamarts
My Device: 9360
Accepted Solution

writing a bbm game using AIR for Playbook

Hi,

I am planning to write a game for playbook with BBM and integrate with ScoreLoop. but I searched forums and found out that there is no BBM sdk for playbook yet and also I haven't found any sdk for scoreloop integration. 

just wanted to know if this is the case or are there any alternatives ? any help is greatly appreciated.

thx

Srinivas

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: writing a bbm game using AIR for Playbook

There is no way to do this yet, as there are no APIs available (and, in fact, no BBM support on the PlayBook aside from what we get through Bridge and I don't think you can use that yourself).

At the BlackBerry 10 Jam conference in May, there's at least one session that will be discussing BBM on the PlayBook (or on BB10 anyway), and I suppose more will be revealed there.

I don't know if that means BBM APIs for the PlayBook will be available to developers at that time, or if it will be mainly a demo. I also don't know whether the AIR SDK will ever have its own BBM APIs, or whether it will be necessary to write (or wait for someone to write) an ANE to expose that functionality to AIR.

(Sorry for all the TLAs. ;-) )

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

There will likely be a BBM API for AIR since RIM told me that my IM applications will have to integrate BBM into them to stay in App World. A few months ago, they said it would be "later this year".
Please use plain text.
Retired
rmasroor
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

Hey chamarts,

Currently there is no native BBM client for the playbook and is currently under development. There will be news and a session surrounding the BBM Social Platform at the BB 10 Jam. Stayed tuned for updates :smileyhappy:

Raihan Masroor
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
chamarts
My Device: 9360

oh oh... I wanted to submit an app using this to appworld for jam contest.... huh.. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

I have been considering writting an ANE for scoreloop for a while now. However, currently I am waiting to see what is announced at BBWorld/BB10Jam

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.