Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: viettel

Can I submit app from online package tool for BB10 devices ?

After package my app using online tool. I received this message

App World Submission

Congratulations! Your app has been successfully packaged and signed for use on BlackBerry PlayBook tablets!

Your new BAR file is located at E:\*********.bar

You can now submit your app for distribution through BlackBerry App World. Login to your BlackBerry Vendor account at the BlackBerry Vendor Portal and submit your app today.

It only mention that i signed for use on BlackBerry PlayBook tablets, not BB10. Can i upload this bar file for BB10 or not. If not how can i sign my app for BB10.

My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Can I submit app from online package tool for BB10 devices ?

When you use the online packaging tool, this is for BB10 too. You don't have to do anything special anymore. You can just use the generated bar and safely submit it to the AppWorld for BB10.

And if there would be any problems, the reviewers will let you know.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

When you use the online tool there would have been a screen telling you if the applicaiton was verified for BlackBerry 10 or BlackBerry PlayBook or Both. If you recieved no errors, you are compatible on both.

The text on the page you highlighted will be updated in the future to be less confusing now that it has been updated to support BlackBerry 10.

Matt Whiteman
Product Manager, Android, BlackBerry Java & Simulators
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB 10 is Built using QNX and the Playbook and BB10 Alpha Beta L series are using the Same Os ... but while submitting the App you have to Mention as BB10 and QNX version 10.0 and then submit

Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...