Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Developer
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Office
Accepted Solution

Google play services for bb10

Im converted .apk  file to .bar file.its working fne.But when i click Google+ share its shows "This app won't run without Google play services,which are missing from your phone" with google play button.Thwn i can click "Go google play" button  its shows some android code.How to fix the issue.anyone pls help me..

My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Google play services for bb10

you'd have to ask google, they don't allow their services to be used on android platforms that are not their own.
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
My Device: z10
My Carrier: O2

Re: Google play services for bb10

Hi Lavan,
You must be using an intent to share content on google+, which won't work on BlackBerry devices, kindle devices, nook devices or any android device that does not have a licence to use Google apps.

You have to change your approach and instead of using an intent use an alternative method. There is a library called socialauth which is pretty good and easy to use. I haven't used it with google + but I know that it does support some Google+ features. Have a look at it or one of the other alternatives.