Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Having trouble launching repackaged android apps on PlayBook device (simulator OK)

Simulator or not? Wipe is only available on physical device I believe.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Having trouble launching repackaged android apps on PlayBook device (simulator OK)

simulator.

Developer

I'm having this error.

the application blackberry keyboard (process com.rim.inputmethod) has stopped unexpectedly. 

Contributor
My Device: Z10 / PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Verizon

yes you are spot on, I did have the pre beta android player and a security wipe fixed it! thanks so much
Highlighted
Developer

sblantipodi wrote:

the application blackberry keyboard (process com.rim.inputmethod) has stopped unexpectedly. 

I recommend you start a new thread with that specific problem providing some details of what your Android App does etc.

The issue you are experiencing has nothing to do with this thread which is about apps that work in the Simulator but not on the physical Device!

Rufus

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: 9056787788

I have the same problem... 

Connecting 169.254.0.1 to ADB failed!

Security wipe not helped me Smiley Sad

Help me somebody plz

New Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook
My Carrier: 3064910544

I did the security wipe, but now I only see the browser app, and installed OS is version 2.0.0.4869. Should I restore back to factory 1.0.7, then install the dev beta 2.0 again? oir is there an easier way.

Thank you!

Jesse

New Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook
My Carrier: 3064910544

It's all good now, backed it up to 1.0.7, then re-installed 2.0 beta and uploaded the debug token again. must have been an old version of Android player messing things up. Apps are working now.

Thanks!