12-13-2011 12:07 PM
Actually there's another glitch ( apart from Accelerometer orientation, which I am talking about in another thread ) : SharedPreferences.
SharedPreferences is in Android Land AFAIK the most common way to save app preferences. In the Playbook, they work only as long as the Android Runtime is running; once one closes it, all the SharedPreferences are gone, too.
- launch Android app for the first time
- close it. It will create a SharedPreferences object (let's say, to save it's state)
- you will see the Android Runtime open with all your Anrdoid Apps inside it.
- reopen the app. It will correctly find the SharedPreferences object and read it. All is good so far!
- now close the app
- close the whole Android Runtime
- reopen the app from Home Screen
- the app will not find it's SharedPreferences. Looks like they've been lost with the Runtime
Is the above expected with my 22.214.171.12469 ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-20-2011 02:43 PM
Thank you for repoting this. I am unable to reproduce this issue on my end. Upon closing the runtime as well as device restarts, the SharedPreferences objects are still being retained.
If you could please submit a bug report through the following URL, it would allow us to further investigate the issue at hand.
BlackBerry Developer Issue Tracker - Create Issue