Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook (Developer)

881 required signatures missing

When signing my app for appword I get the message 'the system cannot find the file specified' (created a thread on that issue here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Plug-in-for-Android/The-system-cannot-find-the-fil...), but it still creates the .bar file in the dist folder. I was going to install the file to my playbook but then I get the message: 

'failure 881 required signatures missing (RDK, AUTHOR)', I was hoping to install to the playbook to check that all was ok and then use the online packaging tool to convert & sign the apk. In eclipse > preferences> blackberry> bb tools sdk> bar signer is says Registered: Yes, and the dev cert shows the right name and path to the .p12 file.

I downloaded a fresh eclipse and installed the ADT Plugin as well as the BlackBerry plugin but still the same errors. Still unable to create a new dev cert, debug token etc.

I must be missing something but I have no clue what that something is, anyone have an idea based on the error above?

I'd be happy enough if I could test out my app on the playbook before repacking the apk using the online tool if possible.

Developer
My Device: Playbook

Re: 881 required signatures missing

Try using the online repackager.  Signing is a breeze from there.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.
If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook

Did you used new signed keys files? You can generate as many keys files as you want... https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/

My Device: Playbook (Developer)

Got new keys, changed to my laptop (away from the pc at the moment) and set up eclipse and while doing the signing registration & configuration I get an error 'Error creating long term key.'

I'll try it on my computer when I get a chance, but not too confident of it working.