Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
droid-67628
My Device: Dev Alpha B

AJAX cross domain access

I converted an Android .apk into a .BB10 .bar using command-line tools, and installed it on a BB10 Dev Alpha B device.

It returns an error to an AJAX call, which is cross-domain i.e. to http://... and not to file://  (it is a hybrid app written using both HTML5 and Java).

Several attempts to debug/workaround this issue have only resulted in the error changing (e.g. DOM Exception 11, error 101, or an AJAX error with no further information).

Server logs show that:

- the cross-domain AJAX (POST) request, HTTP request headers, and data were received from the device by the HTTP server

- HTTP response headers and (JSON) data were sent by the HTTP server

However, no additional information has been found. A cross-domain security issue seems the most likely cause, but no workaround has been found (added a config.xml into assets/www but it may not be used by Android .apk translator or the syntax may be incorrect -- e.g. can IP addresses be used or must the url define a domain name?)

Is it possible to perform such cross domain calls (from JS in a converted Android hybrid app) or does a BlackBerry hybrid app explicitly need to be written?