Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
BrandonO
My Device: None

Re: AP shell started: unable to connect to 192.168........

I'm still getting a drag drop issue. When the controller is connected and I drag my .bar file into it, it says Transferring and then another popup appears and says it failed to install my .bar file.

Here's an image of the error:
http://i.imgur.com/MB561.png

Is there a specific way to export the .bar file for use on the simulator? To get my existing .bar file I was using the "Sign for App World" option that created the dist folder.
Please use plain text.
Retired
mwhiteman
My Device: BlackBerry 10

There may be an issue with the drag and drop on some platforms where it fails to install. It will eventually install it you try multiple times. I'll take this back to our dev team.

For installing applications into the simulator or device (out side eclipse) you can use the Commandline tools avalible on the Android Runtime tooling page. http://developer.blackberry.com/android/tools/

The documentation on how to deploy bar files can be found here: http://developer.blackberry.com/android/documentation/load_an_unsigned_app_onto_a_pb_2016836_11.html

Basicly you can use the command:batchbar-deploy <input Bar file> <SIM IP_address>

Matt Whiteman
Product Manager, Android, BlackBerry Java & Simulators
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rrr_04
My Device: Not Specified

Hello mwhiteman,

My IP is correct I have tired by both way 1. Adding it manually  and 2. By autodetect, but in both way same result.

I tried to installing it via controller by drag and drop, but after 100 % processing  it say installing fail. However I am able to see the icon of application in simulator. When I clicked on icon icon in simulator just Blackberry logo appear for some time than it close.

Is this is simulator issue or I am still missing anything?

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwhiteman

Hmmm, I'm not sure why you cannot connect. You aren't by chance connected to a VPN network while trying this are you? Maybe you can try while not connected to a network. That's the only other thing I can think of. 

As for the application that you did get installed. Try restarting the simulator. (full power down and start back up) If you application is still failing to launch, it might be an application issue. Have you ran the apk2bar verifier tool to make sure your application is fully compatible?

Cheers,

Matt Whiteman
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rrr_04
My Device: Not Specified

I have restarted(power off) simulator more 15  times , uninstalla install simulator more than 10  time and restart computer 5+ time but its not solved the issue.

My application is fully compatible, as apliaction is working fine in blackberry playbook simulator.  i have also tried by simple hellowrd application.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
philipjmurphy
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Same issue with simple PhoneGap App -  Connecting to ADB... I've got the latest apha release BB10_0_09.2318. Trying to start via Eclipse. App appears to start but then disappears straight away.

Interestingly, I can't start the app directly either. I just get a BB symbol in the middle of the screen which evetually times out. 

I wanted to try to debug the app to see what was going on, but I can't get connection to ADB. I've tried all the steps in this post (ps I can drag n drop to install via Controller App.)

Here is the output from the BB verify tool - all which appear to be innocuous enough.

(res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_launcher.png) found an alternate icon with better size:impact=1
(AndroidManifest.xml) targetSdkVersion: 16 is higher than 10:impact=1
(<unknown source>:751) class: com.google.ads.util.AdUtil$UserActivityReceiver uses intent action android.intent.action.USER_PRESENT:impact=1
(<unknown source>:737) class: com.google.ads.util.AdUtil uses intent action android.intent.action.USER_PRESENT:impact=1
(com/phonegap/PGPolyphonicVoice.java:43) uses method: android.media.MediaPlayer$setAudioStreamType:impact=1
(org/apache/cordova/AudioPlayer.java:519) uses method: android.media.MediaPlayer$setAudioStreamType:impact=1
(org/apache/cordova/AudioHandler.java:318) uses method: android.media.AudioManager$setRouting:impact=1
(org/apache/cordova/AudioHandler.java:315) uses method: android.media.AudioManager$setRouting:impact=1
Summary: [5]=0; [4]=0; [3]=0; [2]=0; [1]=8;
Impact Legend: [5]=Severe; [4]=High /context; [3]=Medium /context; [2]=Medium-low /context; [1]=Minor;

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwhiteman

Hello philipjmurphy,

You might have tried to deploy your application too quickly after the simulator lauched. Just like a real device, other services may still be booting (Such as the Android Runtime) shortly after you see the homescreen. And depending on the performance of your computer, this might take a couple extra minutes to complete. If you reboot your simualtor and wait until it is fully loaded (maybe wait an extra minute or two) you should be able to Run  or Debug your Android Applicaiton from Eclipse. You'll only have to do this the first time as in the future you can suspend your simulator state.

Regarding your verifification results, everything looks fine expect I would strongly recommend you use a targetSDKversion of 10 and not 16.

Cheers,

Matt Whiteman
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
philipjmurphy
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi Matt,

I've testing this again, waiting 5 odd minutes between starting the BB 10 simulator (vm player), the server simulator, and running my app. However, I still see the same behaviour. Here's a short youtube video of the issue:

http://youtu.be/10lhVjpcAdE

Setting the targetSDKversion to 10, instead of 16, raises the following warning in Eclipse with explanation: "Provides more information about this issue. When your application runs on a version of Android that is more recent than your targetSdkVersion specifies that it has been tested with, various compatibility modes kick in. This ensures that your application continues to work, but it may look out of place. For example, if the targetSdkVersion is less than 14, your app may get an option button in the UI. To fix this issue, set the targetSdkVersion to the highest available value. Then test your app to make sure everything works correctly. You may want to consult the compatibility notes to see what changes apply to each version you are adding support for: 

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/Build.VERSION_CODES.html"

Thanks,

Philip

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwhiteman

[ Edited ]

Hmm. From your video it looks like the Android Runtime cannot load. This is odd as it boots automatically and I haven't seen issues with that simulator build.

Couple of things to check:

1) Are you running the simulator in safemode? It appears this issue could be that you are in safemode.

2) Have you rebooted the simulator/power cycled with an android application installed? Does the application still fail to load after?

Also, regarding the targetSDKversion, that warning from the SDK in from Android. As the BlackBerry Runtime only supports Gingerbread 2.3.3 SDK version 10, it would be best to make sure your project is built on that. But, it shouldn't be a big issue as long as you can test and verify that the application functions correctly. Hopefully we can get to that point :smileyhappy:

Matt

Matt Whiteman
Please use plain text.