Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

AP shell started: unable to connect to 192.168........

Hello All,

I am trying to run application from eclipse to blackberry 10 simulator(BlackBerry10Simulator-BB10_0_09-1673), but its not loading application in simulator and after some time getting following error :-

Connecting 192.168..... to ADB failed!

Detail:-

Please check if the Android player was fully started when you got this error. If not, you can either increase the Android player launch timeout on the BlackBerry->BlackBerry Android Development Tools preference page or wait until the Android player is fully started and try again.

I tried by reseting , power off and reinstalling the simulator but it always end with the same error. i have also increase the time android player time out to 500+ second  but its also end with the same error.

is there something that i am missing?  or there is any other solution to run application in simulator?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: AP shell started: unable to connect to 192.168........

Hello,

Please double check you are using the correct Simulator IP. Information on how to check that can be found here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/develop/simulator/simulator_configuring.html

Additionally, please make sure to upgrade to the latest and greatest simulator version 10.0.9.2318: https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/develop/simulator/simulator_installing.html

Cheers,

Matt Whiteman
Product Manager, Android, BlackBerry Java & Simulators
Trusted Contributor

Yes , ip is correct but its not installing in simulator , let me try with latest simulator version 10.0.9.2318.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

hello mwhiteman,

Thanks for your support..

I tried with latest simulator version 10.0.9.2318 but same result. :smileysad:

When I tried to run application in Blackberry 10 simulator Blackberry runtime shell  started  but its immediately close.

Application installing in blackberry playbook simulator , but its not installing bb10 simulator. I

have checked IP and its correct. I have also tried by resetting , power off and reinstalling simulator but same result.

When I install application from blackberry 10 native development environment its working but its not working from eclipse.

Retired

How did you setup the simulator as a target in eclipse? You should be able to autodetect that the simulator is running or specify the IP manually. Also, you don't need to set a development mode password for the simulator.

Additionally, have you tried loading your application via the Controller application?

If you open the directory where you installed the simulator there will be a folder for "Controller" Using this app, you can drag and drop Bar files into the simulator. Make sure to connect to the simulator first. For more information see:

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/develop/simulator/simulator_controller.html

Matt Whiteman
Developer
My Device: Z10 10.2
My Carrier: Chunghwa Telecom

I have the same problem.

And I tried to drag and drop Bar files into the controller.

But it says "Failed to install".

I am sure I've connect to the simulator first , and ip is correct , simulator is latest version.

However, the simulator work with native SDK , so I think it isn't simulator's problem.

Thanks. sorry for my english..

Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

The Controller connects but there's no way to actually drag a file or attach a file to the simulator. The link you provided doesn't mention anything about this functionality.
Retired

You can drag a bar file into the controller application. Place the file into the Controller background.

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/develop/simulator/simulator_features.html

Cheers,

Matt Whiteman
Developer
My Device: Z10 10.2
My Carrier: Chunghwa Telecom

I think it means drap into controller...

But it still doesn't work....

Retired

Hello guys,

Just retested this. The Drag and drop feature should work correctly if you are connected to the simulator. If it fails just try again.

As for running applications from Eclipse with the BlackBerry Plug-in for ADT. When you add the simulator, make sure to not set a password or debug token. This is not required for the simulator. When the simulator is running, you will be able to autodetect it. When you run your application, you may see a prompt to enter a password the first time, just click "Okay" without entering any value. Your application should then proceed to install and launch on the simulator.

Thanks,

Matt Whiteman