Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
tfox6464
My Carrier: 8174434124

APK question

Ive searched this entire site and cant find one word.  After you create an app in whatever you make it with you have a .APK.  When you sign it and marketize it to put on the android market you get a  Zipalign.apk.

My question is when we port over an app and use the online signing console do we point it at the .APK (unsigned)  or our zipalign.apk (ready to put on the android market)????

Common sense would say use the APK and have BB sign it for you then its ready to go, but Since every publisher does things their own way.....it could require the ready to go on the android market version.

Any help will be appreiciated.... Ive already upload one (sent both versions to be safe)  I was waiting for them to tell me which version worked, but havent heard back and I have 3 apps that I want to get out.

Thanks 

Tim

Please use plain text.
Developer
StephenRLee
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: APK question

I have always used the signed apks and seems to work fine.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tfox6464
My Carrier: 8174434124

Thank you,  I knew someone would know... Ive tried talking to BB vendor support and they have no idea they just tell me to get a playbook and test it.

Please use plain text.
Developer
StephenRLee
My Carrier: Rogers

It's rather unfortunate the way BB appears to be handling this, everything seems very ALPHA, there is no one to answer questions and documentation is scattered and not very complete.

I'm not even sure that the ever did sort out the issues people were having trying to get ver 2

Let's just hope it get's better!

Please use plain text.
Developer
Alocaly
My Carrier: Free Mobile

When you launch the apk2barVerifier command line, 

It will report a non signed apk as a severe error !

On the other side, the Eclipse plugin knows how to create the bar, although I never give eclipse any indication on where my (android) signing files were.

Actually, I sign my apps on another computer !

Emmanuel / Alocaly

Please use plain text.