Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Android Application - redeployed loses application data

Hey all,

I have just started porting/ r&d my application for the BB10.  My application  creates some files upon the "first time" launch like a db etc which is stored in the data folder on the device.  

I have noticed that if i re-deploy the application via eclipse it ingores those files and tries to re-create them like its a new application. 

Has anyone experienced this?

Many Thanks

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Android Application - redeployed loses application data

[ Edited ]

I have read some different posts that people are also experiencing this problem. If I use a simulator, I almost always use an Android simulator, so I am no real expert on this. But I would find it really weird that there is no such option to disable this.

Maybe have a look at the settings of your simulator in Eclipse. In Android there is something like "Wipe User Data" that can be enabled or disabled. Maybe this is enabled by default on the BlackBerry simulator.

For some testing purposes it would make sense to enable this, but I guess that most people don't want to load/create stuff everytime you test the app.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Hi thanx for the quick reply,

I probably should have mention this is actually occuring on the BB10 device. So im not sure there would be such a setting.  

But thanx for the suggestion though i will look into it.

Cheers

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

If I want test Android applications on my Android phone, I also have the option to "Swipe User Data" before deploying. I actually have exactly the same options. So I guess that you should have that option to on your device.

Have a look at the 'targets' in Eclipse, and see if the device you are using is among them (Right click on your project, Run as > Run configurations..). Normally you should be able to edit it them there. At least that is the case with my Android phone :-)

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter