Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
peeeeeeet
My Device: Android developer

Android Player - poor scaling of apps?

Is it just me, or is the Android Player scaling - and quite badly too - what it displays? I had thought it was because I wasn't providing resources at the correct density, but it affects webviews as well, and also seems to affect the "recent applications" screen when you back all the way out of your app. It doesn't seem to affect other parts of the PlayBook system.

Is this caused by a setting of the Android Player, and if so, how do I change the settings? The only setting I could see was to switch the bottom bar on or off.

New Developer
ened
My Device: Playbook

Re: Android Player - poor scaling of apps?

Also having this issues and quite tough to judge my apps quality on the platform.

Would be interested to know if device owners have the same issue.

New Contributor
danielohrlund
My Device: None

Im having the same problem. Is this a known problem/issue? I tried creating a new default android project and upload it to the simulator aswell and I still have this wierd bug.. This is how it looks: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/qualityproblem.png/ (view in full size to see the difference between my monitor and the app in the simulator).

Can anyone confirm if this is some kind of bug or not?
Contributor
Karai17
My Device: N/A

brycerocket
My Device: Playbook

Same issue here
New Developer
asgarddesigns
My Device: -

Had the same issue - text scaling is horrible and everything appears jagged. Compared to the browser app and settings etc, it looks terrible!

Anyone been able to verify with a device?

any workarounds?

Regular Contributor
matale
My Device: Developer

It has been confirmed by RIM (another thread) that this is an simulator only problem, there is currently no work around.

My tip is to develop your app in the Android emulator and occasionally check if it works in the Playbook simulator.