Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
jonathan2708
My Device: None - developer using simulator
My Carrier: O2

Android apps using wrong layout size on Z10

[ Edited ]

Hi,

By doing some experimenting I've found that Android apps running on the BB10 Simulator 10.0.10.261 (Z10 version) are using resources from the 'large' screen size folders.  I'm sure this must be wrong, and it should be taking them from the 'normal' screen size folders.  The Z10 has a 4.2" screen, and for example the Galaxy S3 has a 4.8" screen and uses 'normal' size, so the Z10 can't be large.  I'm wondering if this is a problem with the BB Android Runtime which originated on the Playbook.  The Playbook has a 7" screen and therefore would be 'large', same as the Nexus 7.  It's causing me problems because I am trying to resize my fonts based on screen size.

I've tried using the BB10 Alpha Simulator Beta 10.1.X.338 (Q10 version) and this reports using screen size 'small' which is correct for the Q10's smaller screen.

I have a BAR file I'm happy to email anybody who might have an actual device to test on, which displays the layout being selected.

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Please use plain text.