Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

My Device: BB10 Alpha
My Carrier: Globul

Android port app denied - links?

Hello,

I added an application in AppWorld ported from Android and I've submitted 2 version.

App got denied with the following message:

The application(s) listed below failed functionality testing and did
not function properly and issues could include unexpected behavior, links or
options not working properly, or does not match the functionality described
in the description of the application. Once fixed please ensure that the app
complies with the BlackBerry World Vetting Criteria, which can be found on
the Vendor Portal Home Page.

The first version (v1.0) doesn't have links and the second (v1.1) and links worked (I've tested them) has but both version were rejected with status "Denied".

Application is using AdMob for Advertisment and I've seen other apps with AdMob, Is it because of that or because some in-ads links could be invalid (which is not under my control). If Admob is not allowed how can I advertise on Android ported apps?

Kind Regards,

Phil

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Android port app denied - links?

You should be able to use Admob. I have one ported Android app that has been successfully released that uses it without any issues. I'm even seeing the impression counts on the AdMob site (I created a different key specific for the BBX version of this app)

My Device: BB10 Alpha
My Carrier: Globul

OK, but some ads could have links to google play market which could fail. Did you filter ads on AdMob for BB?
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

No, I didn't filter anything, but it is a small app. It only has 9 distinct screens with advertising, so that would minimize luck of the draw problems. 

I'm not sure how you would filter AdMob for BB... I supose you could try and put "market:\\" in the URL filter and see if that does the job.