Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
Brainstem
My Carrier: Three

Re: Any Android Ad Network that works in Blackberry

[ Edited ]

I might give them a try, I was intending hosting a ad rotator script to test different different ad networks but never really got round to it. I've tried InMobi, their CPC is around 0.04 but the fill rate of ads is TERRIBLE. I've only been sending traffic there which MobFox can't handle and I barely get a 15% fill rate.

The higher paying networks want to serve ads up in the notifications area. I'm pretty sure this would turn a lot of users off. I don't even like asking for GPS to get higher CPC because users are very suspicious of why you want their location.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
matale
My Carrier: none

Just tried MADVertise, doesnt work either. "Couldn't obtain the local ip address "

MoPub seems to work, but Mopub with Admob doesnt, same network error.
Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

[ Edited ]

It's a rather old post, but I'll add this info anyway.

Before I have visited this post because I also had problems with AdMob not showing in my apps on PlayBook. But since some time now I've seen that the ads are showing like they should. I didn't change anything, so I would think that something external to my app has changed. It couldn't be that AdMob wasn't returning anything at first, because it did work perfectly if I used it on a real Android device (and as far as I know these requests are the same).

Tl;dr Something has changed that made AdMob work

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.