Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
RobC450
My Carrier: Rogers / Thunder Bay Tel

App loading extremely slow after upgrading to 10.1

My Android based apps are extremely slow to start since Z10 10.1 the update.

The first time I run an android app, it takes a long time before it starts (a blue progress bar goes across the bottom of the screen).

Other Android apps start quickly after that. It's like the first time an android app is run the phone is setting up something.

This didn't happen until after the update to 10.1.0.273 / 10.1.0.1720.

I found a similar posting in the Cascades area as well, so this isn't just an Android problem. It looks like 10.1 might need some work.

Hope BB comes up with a fix quickly.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Fraggle222
My Carrier: 8608800458

Re: App loading extremely slow after upgrading to 10.1

That's bad news.

Also I opened a thread about differences in how my screens look on a 10.1 simulator vs. my 10.0 Z10 device. Not sure if that is just a simulator issue or what. Have you noticed any layout changes on 10.1 for Android?

Did they actually change anything that affects Android in 10.1?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RobC450
My Carrier: Rogers / Thunder Bay Tel

Re: App loading extremely slow after upgrading to 10.1

I haven't tried the simulator, just use my PlayBook and Z10.

I was just playing around with WebWorks. Pulled one of my android apps into WebWorks, compiled it and uploaded to my Z10. It loads very quickly! So whatever was updated in 10.1 doesn't affect WebWorks apps only apps created with Eclipse/ADT.

Maybe it's time to have a closer look into WebWorks as a dev environment. Only drawback is WebWorks doc's are in poor shape, fragmented and sometimes contradictory.

Please use plain text.