Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
csuderman
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Application Status Notice Emails

I submitted a ported Android app about a week and a half ago and I just received a notice from BlackBerry indicating that there was a problem with it and that I'll need to fix it and re-submit. Okay - that's fine... I have no problem fixing something. The problem is that the email does not indicate what the problem is and I have not encountered any problems myself in the testing process.

I cannot fix the problem if I don't have details as to what the problem is. I've written back asking for more information, but haven't heard anything yet.

Has anyone else encountered these unbelievably generic emails?? You can see it below.

While processing your application(s) for inclusion into BlackBerry World we encountered the following issue that requires your attention before we are able to continue. Please fix the following issue and resubmit your application as a new release.

The application(s) listed below failed functionality testing and did not function properly and issues could include unexpected behavior, links or options not working properly, or does not match the functionality described in the description of the application. Once fixed please ensure that the app complies with the BlackBerry World Vetting Criteria, which can be found on the Vendor Portal Home Page.

Once this issue has been corrected we will be able to complete the necessary steps that will allow this application to be posted in BlackBerry World. If at any time you have questions regarding the above issue please don’t hesitate to contact us at BlackBerryAppWorldRequests@rim.com or visit http://developer.blackberry.com/forums for technical support.
Please use plain text.
philip-bb10
My Device: BB10 Alpha
My Carrier: Globul

Re: Application Status Notice Emails

I've just asked the same question, waiting for response...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
neciu
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: P4

Same here. I've done android port and got the same message ;/.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

That message seems to be something that they are using all the time now, because I received an email with exactly the same message some days ago. I haven't checked if the apps were accepted this time, but in my case it had something to do with text fields that weren't editable.

In the past I have received some other messages, but there was always a little more information on what happened. For example I have received messages that my apps force closed, for some reason. They didn't explain why and when this happened, but I had some indication that it was not a layout problem, but more a implementation problem.

But now, there is totally no information on what is wrong, what should be changed, or on how we can reproduce the problem. Some of the apps I am working on aren't that simple as they used to be, so if you have no indication on where to look, it is really hard to debug.

To be honest, the last time I received such a mail, I just resubmitted exactly the same app in the hope they would provide some more information because I couldn't find any problems. And to my suprise, it got accepted that time. So I guess there was just something wrong with their test device, maybe a previous app they were testing that screwed up the test of my app.

My suggestion to solve this problem. Start the app on the simulator and device, and just try to test and see if it has the expected behaviour. Sometimes it makes sense to give your app to somebody who isn't familiar with and see if they find it easy to use the application. [By the way, this is something all developers should do at least a couple of times before submitting their apps]

(My suggestion 2: Just resubmit and see if it gets accepted this time. Or maybe you receive more info this time. Do this only if you are really sure you can't find the problem though.)

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.