Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Developer
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Application only shows initializing, please wait

I successfully converted (using: https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/bpaa/) and deployed to the VMWare simulator (Blackberry Playbook 2.0.0.6147) a very simple andoird application.  The application simply loads a local webpage inside a webview on Android.  All functionality is built in an no other jars or even any permission is needed.  It deploys without an issue and shows the icon but when you click it just shows the BB logo with a flash of "initializing, please wait".  The logo continues to show that it is processing but it never goes any further.  At this point I am at a loss on finding out why or even getting any type of debugging messages to find out what is happening.

What am I missing, it cant be this hard right?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry torch 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Application only shows initializing, please wait

I am also having a problem with webviews...

I am fairly sure they don't work, because it launches a new activity altogether (which is not supported in the new API). 

Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: None

I have the same issue, trying to just bring up a simple HelloAndroid app on a playbook simulator. The only control that it has is a textview. It shows the black "Please wait" flash screen for about 5 minutes and goes back to the blue home screen. It shows the HelloAndroid application on the home screen, but trying to open it does that whole flash screen thing again and comes back to the home screen.

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you.

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: none

Just wondering if you guys have turned on the 2 Cores thing in VMWare? I dont know if that could be a reason but maybe your Apps are timing out since the emulator is slow.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook tablet
My Carrier: Sprint

I'm having the exact same issue with my app. also, I have VMWare set to the default 1 core because my development machine is a laptop with an Atom single core processor. I don't know if that is the issue.
Contributor
My Carrier: None

Matale, thanks for that tip on turning the dual core option on in vmware. that did it. although very slow and low resolutuion, app finally showed up...

Highlighted
New Developer

This also worked for me as well... Interesting, but I will take it none the less.

Thanks
My Device: None

[ Edited ]

NOOOO! My app is doing the same thing but apparently VMware Player does not allow multiple cores on Windows 7. BOOOOOOO!

Anybody know a waya round this? I have no Blackberry device of my own so I have no way of testing this if I cannot get VMware to actually run my app!

New Developer

I am on Win7 also. Make sure you power off the emulator then change the cores. If the emulater is state is saved the "cores" will be gray.