Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
cwetherly
My Device: Z10

Automated builds of apk to bar

Right now we have automated builds of our apk with every checkin. Just wondering what the best process is for the apk2bar and signing, etc. Not exactly sure of the relationship between the android version code, and the package version and application version found in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF.

Should i only be making the bar file every build and make signing a manual process when we actually upload to Blackberry world?

If i do sign with every build how do i set the version? Just use the -incrementPackageVersion and -incrementApplicationVersion with blackberry-signer ?

Thanks

-Curtis

BlackBerry Development Advisor
jdreher
My Device: Z10

Re: Automated builds of apk to bar

Great question Curtis,

You can manually adjust the version of your app by editing the MANIFEST.MF file and changing the Package-Version and Application-Version values. These values are mapped from the versionCode value within the AndroidManifest.xml file.

Only release builds for BlackBerry World should be signed with your author.p12 and RDK certificates (signed BARs), whereas you can test other builds via debug tokens (unsigned BARs).

The command-line based SDK available at developer.blackberry.com/android/tools will allow you to do all this within your scripted build process.

James Dreher
BlackBerry Development Advisor