Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
Ch2o
My Device: Android
My Carrier: None

BAR file format and BBOS compatibility

Hello there !

To begin with, let me say I'm completely knew to BB dev.

I have developped an application for Android, and used the online tool provided by Blackberry in order to add support for Blackberry devices.

Now, while I was uploading the BAR file provided by Blackberry website, the form says BAR it's not compatible with BBOS, but just QNX ( which limits the compatible devices to 2 - the Playbooks - instead of the whole range of smartphone made by Blackberry).

Is this normal or did I missed something  as I was expecting I could use my app on any blackberry phone ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BAR file format and BBOS compatibility

[ Edited ]

You must have mis-read something. Only the PlayBook and the upcoming range of BB10 phones have an Android runtime. BB7 phones (and older) do not.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ch2o
My Device: Android
My Carrier: None

Ok, thanks for the reply, and is there any place where I can find the list of devices compatible with BBOS10 ?

Thanks in advance !

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

BB10 is not yet available to the public. It is only available on pre-release development hardware called "Dev Alpha". Scheduled introduction of consumer phones is Jan 2013, and on PlayBook "shortly after". It will not run on the current BB7 hardware.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.