Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
RohitSinghal
My Device: Z 10
Accepted Solution

BB 10 Signing Keys

Dear Blackberry Team,

I registered for BlackBerry 10 Signing keys and generated the bbtoken.csk file but haven't received the remaining files needed for signing.

Its been more than 15 days and my development process has been put to halt due to signing keys. I contracted vendor support, they redirected me to post querry on Vendor support forum. When I posted my querry there, they guided me here. Just let me know how long is this redirection loop and when did I get a solution for my querry.

I am struck in the halfway of development just because of Signing Keys. Please resolve my querry before I realize developing blackberry apps was my biggest mistake.

Revert asap, what to do next.

Best Regards,
Team Azure

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: BB 10 Signing Keys

If you are using the latest tools all you need is your BlackBerry ID Token (bbidtoken.csk).  Previous signing method used by our older tools made use of the CSJ files you are likely referring to.

If you are using older versions of the tools, you can request the CSJ files be sent to you by choosing the second option of the order form ("For BlackBerry PlayBook apps or BlackBerry 10 apps developing using a 10.1 or lower SDK or BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK below 2.0.").

If you do use that method, be sure to link those keys to your BlackBerry ID account so that it is recoverable.  Details on that can be found here:

Code Signing Keys Be Gone! Welcome BlackBerry ID

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor
RohitSinghal

Thank you.. for your instant reply. That was a real help.

MSohm

No problem.  Let me know if you have any more questions about setting up code signing.

Mark Sohm

New Contributor
RohitSinghal

Sir,

I have bbtocken.csk file. I have generated author.p12 file. Can you please guide me how to create .db file. I am using the latest tools for app development using android runtime.

MSohm

barsigner.db is no longer required.  You should be able to sign and create debug tokens using the bbidtoken.csk and author.p12 that you have.  Are you getting any errors when you try?

Mark Sohm