Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Developer
ncioara
My Device: -
My Carrier: -
Accepted Solution

BB In App Purchase Problem

Hello,

I am developing an app for android which implements in app purchase I’ve already launch it on different stores like google play, amazon, lg smart world etc, each of which has its own api for the in app purchase part.

Now I want to implement the BB in app purchase and launch my app on BB world, but I’m encountering some road blocks:

I’ve added the BB plug in to my eclipse environment, created a new BB project from existing source to which I gave it my development project. In eclipse preferences->java->installed JREs I’ve chose the BB JRE (I’ve tried with all 5 of them that came with the plug in) to which eclipse objects “The selected JRE does not support the current compiler compliance level of 1.7”.

After some reading I’ve found on some forums

goo.gl/pEBci

goo.gl/YvwyZ

goo.gl/cxdxR

that the for BB development the compiler compliance has to be set at 1.3

This does not work for me as my already developed app utilizes code that is not supported in level 1.3, like ArrayList and other complex generics, it needs at least 1.6.

So what can I do to resolve this issue?

Modifying  the code so that it supports compliance level of 1.3 I think it’s out of the question.

Is there any other way?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Misiek06855
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Plus

Re: BB In App Purchase Problem

[ Edited ]

You can not use library you described. This is for Blackberry Java enviroment, not for android.
You can make purchases in you app through google android in-app biling api v. 2. You must only replace ItemId from android dev console with digitalSKU from Blackberry vendor portal.

http://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/apisupport_inapp_payments_support.html

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/06/selling-android-digital-goods/

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ncioara

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure this can be done using google play api because, from documentation:

v2 api : Your app accesses the In-app Billing service using an API that is exposed by the Google Play app installed on the device.

v3 api : In-app Billing Version 3 is supported on devices running Android 2.2 or higher that have the latest version of the Google Play store installed.

I don't think you can install google play on black berry, according to this topic link.

Or does black berry take care of this step? 

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ncioara

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.