Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Simulator !!!
My Carrier: 8608800458

Re: Back button not showing for Android apps on Z10? Swipe down from top not working.

I  have a Z10 device now and can confirm that the bottom bar will appear using a swipe down from th etop of the screen but you have to start your finger from off the visible part of the screen. So some users, including the one who contacted me, will claim it doesn't appear because they are likely starting their finger from the lit part of the screen instead of above that.

And on the like ndsmyter noted, once the bottom bar is visible you can click the overflow button to see the menu options.

Also note that for going "back" there is a back gesture that can be done with one swipe, but it is a bit tricky to do properly.

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Back button not showing for Android apps on Z10? Swipe down from top not working.

If you get the hang of the back gesture, it works rather well. This was introduced on the PlayBook, where you had a larger screen to swipe, which made it easier.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 9165496733

I have a Z10 V 10.0.9.422 (Verizon).  I am unable to do the top down swipe on at least one Android ported app.  Yes I am trying beyond the bezel...

Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Exit your application, turn on Airplane mode and reboot the handset. Verified on my Z10. Z10 OS issue.
http://www.berryreview.com/2013/04/15/verizon-blackberry-z10-owners-are-dying-for-an-os-update/