Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
vcor
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Bar Signer, - Debug Tokens, Create fails, Import Does nothing

In Eclispe, at the Preferences, BlackBerry, BlackBerry Tools SDK, Bar Signer both Create and Import fail (in slightly different ways). This is with the new 1.3 tools released this week.

Create has always been broken (for me both v1.2 and 1.3 tools), where it always shows the Error loading certificate: java.io.IOException: subject key, java.security.InvalidKeyException: Invalid EC key.

From advice on another forum entry, the work-arround is to create a debug token manually using the blackberry-debugtokenrequest tool.  That process with an Import, worked fine under v1.2 tools (at least one time).  Now with a new device I created a new debug token with the new deviceID, and gave it a new filename. When I attempt to Import in. It, I get the "Operation in progress" for about 5 seconds" and then the dialog disappears, and the information has NOT been added to the list of Debug Tokens (so I can't upload the token).

During the process I only have the new device attached (a Dev B device with Debug enabled).  I'm using Windows 7 x64 SP1 with Eclispe Indigo SP2, and BlackBerry Plug in 1.3.0.201209131728, Java 7 Update 7.  I've have all the latest updated in Eclipse. Another note, when attempting a Create, it does auto-detect the device and shows the correct device PIN so it can see the device.

Any ideas?

New Contributor
FVivolo

Re: Bar Signer, - Debug Tokens, Create fails, Import Does nothing

Hi,

just to mention that x64 version fail also to me in the past, i installed x86 version and worked ok!

New Contributor
vcor

Good idea.I couldn't find any 32-bit command line tools, but I just copied the files from the 64-bit directory into a directory under "Program Files (x86)" assumming they run in both modes. I was successful, but I don't know if the "32-bit" operation made any difference. I ran into the same problem as before, but  I did figure out an alternative that did work as follows. This is a different process than outlined in the docs.

Start with a created debug token created via the command line utility (blackberry-debugtokenrequest) for your specific device (in my case, a Dev Alpha B). Have the device connected via USB, and in the device settings, Secuity, have Development Mode on.

In Eclipse Preferences -> BlackBerry -> BlackBerry Tools -> Targets.  The item usb (default) should appear in the list. Select it and then press the Debug Token Details button and then select Import.  Point to the debug token file you previouly created.  When done, it should prompt to upload the token to the device, which I did. Success at last!

New Contributor
EyalT
My Device: Z10

Sorry for this simple question ! what files exactly are needed to be copied to "Program Files (x86)" ???