Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
abhisardeshmukh
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Verifying Problem

Hi All,

I am tring to port the android project on Blackberry. I had succesfully able to setup the enviourment . Getting these verification errors while verifying .APK. Am very new to Android.  

1)  minLaunchable-activity-count:impact=5:1:found=0  BlackBerry Verifying Problem

2)  uses-intent-categ:impact=5:android.intent.category.HOME BlackBerry Verifying Problem

Thanks in advance 

Waiting for the reply.....

:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Pesegato
My Device: Playbook simulator

Re: BlackBerry Verifying Problem

Your app is making use of feature that are too much "Android specific".

I don't know what is doing your app, but you probably need to make heavy changes to it.

Impact=5 means that the problem is of the worst type!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abhisardeshmukh

Thanks for the reply.....

The listed unsupportes features (https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/apisupport)are already removed. But what intend means am unable to understand....Can you please help me resolve this prob.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mattdonders
My Device: BB Playbook

Seems like your problem is going to be this line:

<category android:name="android.intent.category.HOME" />

I believe that is unsupported in Blackberry Apps -- might want to double check that. What are you using "android.intent.category.HOME" for in your app?
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Pesegato
My Device: Playbook simulator

The listed unsupported features page is currently online, so you may want to check it again.

It is difficult to provide help without knowing what your application is doing. I know that your application requires some API that the blackberry currently do not support. You have these options:

1) Wait until the features you need are supported (but I can't guarrantee that eventually it will happen).

2) Remove these features from the Android app. Maybe your application mantains its core functionality without them. Try to work around the limitations provided.

3) Desist.

For example, I have successfully ported a few apps without problems, but another required bluetooth and without it my app was not useful at all, therefore I desisted.

BTW, instead of saying "thanks" you should click the "like" button with thumb up below.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abhisardeshmukh

My application contains
<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
The .HOME is not there... Still getting the verification error.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mattdonders
My Device: BB Playbook

Well the <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> is used to tell the Launcher to place in your app in the App Drawer with its corresponding icon and which Activity to launch when clicking that.

That is my only guess based on the error above - but like Pesegato said I would read the API documentation to see what isn't supported.

Is your app in the Android market?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
abhisardeshmukh

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abhisardeshmukh

Hi Pesegato

The app is live at
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.scn.quote&feature=search_result

I had removed all the unsupported features....
and the .HOME is not at all there in my application... Am using >MAIN and .LAUNCHER....
I tried with sample application of android and its working fine....

I think i need to re factor the code to get compatible with Blackberry Tablet...........

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vnatarajan29
My Device: Blackberry v6.0

Hi all,

I have created an application for blackberry using Rhomobile platform. In my application i have downloaded the videos and i need to play the videos from the path where i have downloaded.

I am downloading the videos in "myapp->demo->2->ph.mp4". The downloaded videos is appearing in media->videos folder in Blackberry 6.0 device.

But i am not able the play the video inside my application. How to give the path in Blackberry 6.0? 

Please help me to fix this issue....

Thanks,

Vidyaa.N

Please use plain text.