Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
jonp4231
My Device: Developer

Blackberry 10 Emulator - How to close app/go back

I cannot figure out how to close an app or go back. Some apps have a back button, others do not.

For example, if I go to the Settings screen, there is no back button to go back to the main screen anymore. I have to reboot the emulator to get back to the main screen.

Is there a gesture or key I am missing? I've tried swiping left/right/up/down/diagonals, nothing seems to work. I've tried keyboard keys, mashed every button on my keyboard, nothing.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Developer
AvisDx
My Device: Z10 LE, PlayBook 32GB

Re: Blackberry 10 Emulator - How to close app/go back

The click & drag mouse gesture from bottom side of the screen towards upside must do the job.

Just be sure that You are moving cursor inside the simulator and that You can move it below the simulator's screen (whole simulator screen may not fit into real screen of your PC) - if You don't see the bottom size of the simulator's screen then just exit the simulator pressing  ctrl+alt combination, move the screen positioning with scrollbar and return to simulator by clicking on it's screen again. Then try gesture.

My BB10 apps: Photo Memo | TriQuick | SkidStone | MeeBirthdays
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MXZ
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Blackberry 10 Emulator - How to close app/go back

SWIPE UP! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.