Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
dnepr
My Device: Playbook

Camera access?

Is this a political RIM decision or a technical issue? Will it ever be available for Android apps?
Please use plain text.
Developer
TheVaan
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telefonica Germany

Re: Camera access?

This is a technical issue. You actually can access the camera but you can't control it (fetch pictures and so on).

I mean I read that they are trying to make camera available for Android but I don't know where... 

New Developer
SanderT
My Device: Z10LE / DevC / PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Camera access?

The source you mean is here: https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/apisupport

It says: "However, currently the Camera class in the Android SDK is not supported. As a result, although you can launch the camera application, you cannot access the Camera hardware."

Mentioning the current state, could imply that Camera support is something that could be supported in the future. Since it uses an intent, and seeing how the camera intent is implemented in Android, the camera should be something that should be fairly easy to implement in the Android SDK.

Please use plain text.