Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Martin_Heller
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: CZ

Camera.setPreviewCallback causes the camera to switch to video mode

Hello,

I work to port a secure camera application to BlackBerry 10 (Z10 device, OS version 10.2.1).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.circletech.cryptocam

This application needs a camera preview callback to collect data to seed a random number generator.

However when Camera.setPreviewCallback (or setPreviewCallbackWithBuffer) is called, the following line appears in logcat:

03-19 10:53:49.949: W/BBCamera(41128126): preview callback is requested while running a photo viewfinder, switch to video viewfinder 

This is often accompanied by switching the preview to very low (160x120) resolution.

Subsequently, when attempting to take picture, in most cases taking the picture fails and the following error lines appear in logcat:

03-19 10:55:03.073: E/BBCamera(41128126): setPhotoProperties: setPhotoProperties is called when mPhotoVFResolution is NULL
03-19 10:55:03.107: E/BBCamera(41128126): takePictureThread camera_take_photo returned: 103(Operation not supported)

If the callback is not set, camera works fine.

Is there a way to bypass this issue with the preview callback or another way of obtaining image preview data?

Thanks,

Martin Heller

Please use plain text.