Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

ChicaneBT
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: -

Can FLAC library work in Android Runtime?

I'm pretty new to this. I checked a simple lossless music player with the BB Graphical Aid for compatibility with BB Playbook OS in Android Runtime. It gives the "(AndroidManifest.xml) native-code: armeabi:impact=5" error. When I removed the several .so libs for playing lossless music there was no error. So the problem lays with the compiled libraries I think.

Can you simply fix this problem by recompiling the .so libs in a way that it's compatible with the Playbook?

Or can FLAC never be played in the Android Runtime environment? In the list of Media Formats which are unsupported in Android Runtime it states that FLAC, the encoder/decoder and .flac file format are not supported.

source: http://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/unsupportedapi_playbook_media_formats.html

This raises for me a question. Can't you add this functionality with the above library or is FLAC which is normally supported in Android not availible in Android Runtime on the Playbook?

Please use plain text.