Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
zsimi
My Device: BB10

Can I test in-app purchase on an Emulator? (with Android Runtime)

I spent some days with less success, I made a program with in-app purchase function: in-app billing v3. But I could not test it.

I upload a draft version to my account, then I downloaded it from Emulator in developer mode, but when I started the program I got the following error message:

Unable to start service Intent { com.android.vending.billing.inappbillingservice.bind }: not found

I used the Google sample codes. The error appeared at following lines, the success variable will be false:

boolean success = mContext.bindService(new Intent("com.android.vending.billing.InAppBillingService.BIND"), mServiceConn, Context.BIND_AUTO_CREATE);

Can I test in-app purchase function on an Emulator at all? (Mac OS X 10.8.2. + VMWARE Fusion + BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Simulator BB10_0_10.261)

New Contributor
zsimi
My Device: BB10

Re: Can I test in-app purchase on an Emulator? (with Android Runtime)

Could anyone answer?

Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

tl;dr: I don't think it is possible to test this.

I am not sure, but looking at the error you receive when trying, I guess that will be not possible. I have not used this feature myself in the simulator, so I'm not 100% certain. But if you get that error, there will probably no way of realizing it in the simulator.

Maybe you should try to get your hands on some real device (Dev Alpha, Z10 or PlayBook) so you can test it.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
New Contributor
shurikv
My Device: Bold

Hello!

You must use v2 google in-app billing for working on android runtime.

Best regards!