Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
brockoli
My Device: Z10

Can't create debug token

I'm going grey trying to figure this out.

I while ago I got my PBDT and RDK keys.  In eclipse I've registered with the signing authority and created a developer certificate.  I created a debug token at the time even though I was only using the simulater.

Now I have a playbook and I'm trying to debug my app on the real device.  When I try to create another debug token for my new device id, I get the error

Error: Error: Unable to register client '2725032525' because there are no more registration attempts. If you have already registered with this server, then you must contact RIM to register additional users.

I'll admit I don't understand the whole key signing/certificate/debug token situation.  Can I only have 1 debug token per set of keys?

Rob W.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
matteob
My Device: 9900

Re: Can't create debug token

I am pretty sure you can only have one debug token, your best bet is to email RIM.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Can't create debug token

The error you describe appears if you try to register the same CSJ file more than once.  That step only needs to be done once.  After that you are able to create as many debug tokens as you like (but only have 100 active PINs).  This doc explains how to create a debug token.

https://developer.blackberry.com/android/documentation/Create_a_debug_token_cmd_line_1728294_11.html

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.