Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
anatoly_i
My Device: non
My Carrier: Verizon

Can't use online packager, and can't re-register development machine, what to do?

[ Edited ]

I went through the online packager to try to submit my app, and it failed, so I went through all the hoops to update everything on my machine and install the Blackberry tools, but something went wrong there, so I thought I would start the process over again and re-try the online packager.  It complained about me not having a valid keystore, so I thought I would start from the beginning and re-generate my developer cert, so I clicked the button to un-register my machine, and now the online tool won't let me re-register my machine to sign applications, "Unable to register client because there are no more registration attempts".  What, I only get one chance and that's it?  So I'm stuck not being able to submit online and can't use the local tools either.  I've already wasted several hours on this process, which really should be easier.  It seems that Blackberry doesn't have a direct contact for this kind of stuff either.  How do I get it to let me register my machine again?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
matale
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: none

Re: Can't use online packager, and can't re-register development machine, what to do?

The way I understand it is that unless you have backed up your Signing keys (Window->Preferences->Blackberry->BB tools SDK ->Bar Signer->Backup) you will have to apply for new CSI and CSJ files.

The CSI and CSJ files that are used to install your code signing keys can only be used once. They are disabled after a successful installation, which makes it important to back up your code signing keys after they have been installed.More Info

If you have backed them up then maybe this can help you restore the keys.
Restoring Keys

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anatoly_i
My Device: non
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can't use online packager, and can't re-register development machine, what to do?

I wound up requesting new signing keys, generated a new p12 file, went through the online packager again, and this time it successfully produced a .bar file, which is now submitted.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.