Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
ravi2005
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Can we launch third party applications in BB 10.

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

i have developed an application in android. which will launch the third party applications ,native browser,SMS and google play using android API's. But after converting the same application to BB10 device using repackaging tools. Feature of the application are not working. Please let me know how can i achieve those feature in BB10.

Tested Environment: Blackberry 10 DelAlpha device.

Following features are not working in Blackberry 10 DelAlpha device. (Working fine in Android devices.)

1. How to get the package id to launch the 3rd party application.
    1. Ex: Applicatio name: sys.uri.twitter.gYABgForKB9INNC6dqqT5_aG.wE
    2. Installed twitter application but using above id not able to launch.
  2. How to invoke Native applications like call/SMS/BB10 Mraket place
  3. How to get the application details like application name, version ,vendor name etc.

Please guide me  to achieve this functionalities.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ravi2005

Re: Can we launch third party applications in BB 10.

Tested in new Black berry 10 device. (i.e. Dev Alpha B ).

1. Dev Alpha B device, able to Launch third party applications and getting application information.

2. Dev Alpha B device, currently not supporting the Call and SMS functionalities.

3. Dev Alpha B device currently not supporting the feature like downloading apps from App World.

:Yes:

Please use plain text.
New Developer
harinadh
My Device: torch
My Carrier: blackberry developer

Re:Problem with running the android applications in bb10 simulator configured with VMWare player

[ Edited ]

Hi Ravi,

I am just trying to run a sample android application in BB10 Alpha dev simulator which was configured with VMWare Player. After running the app from eclipse its installed into simulator,but at the same time i am getting the bellow error. Could you please help me out.And sample project title is ActivityLifeCycle.

Enviornment Details:

1)Eclipse plugin 3.7

2) Android Api 10  and  ADT Plugin 20.0.3

3) VMWare Player and  BB10 simulator

a) VMware-player-5.0.1-894247

b)BlackBerry10Simulator-Installer-BB10_0_04-195-Win-201204262359.

Error Details:

Packaging project ActivityLifeCycle

[2012-11-08 18:51:43 - ActivityLifeCycle] Deploying ActivityLifeCycle to target 192.168.217.107

[2012-11-08 18:51:47 - ActivityLifeCycle] Launching BlackBerry Android Runtime...

[2012-11-08 18:51:50 - ActivityLifeCycle] Status ERROR: com.qnx.tools.bbt.core code=0 Deployment Failed: Info: Sending request: Launch

Info: Action: Launch

Info: Launching sys.android.gYABgKAOw1czN6neiAT72SGO.ns...

result::Failed

Info: done null

Regards,

Harinadh

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ravi2005

Re: Re:Problem with running the android applications in bb10 simulator configured with VMWare player

Hi harinadh,

Please check the developement mode is ON state or not in simulator. Whne i run application in simulator alos i did not face any issue. better please refer Blackberry 10 site for complete runtime enviroment (installation and process).

I am always checking applications in dev alpha devices only till now no issues:Yes:.

Please use plain text.