Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: A1

Cannot backup/restore signing keys

Hello!

I've successfully converted, signed and published an Android app on one of my Macs (10.7.5). This was last year. Today I can still do the following: Install the app from BB World, change code in Eclipse, resign and install again from the Mac. This will replace the BB World Installation. Fine so far.

Now, I've tried all tutorials on how to migrate the BB signing keys to another Mac, including using Backup/Restore function from Eclipse and also linking them to my BBID Token. On the new Mac, I can still sign the app, but if I want to install it on the Z10 I get "failure -104" which seems to be issued if the apps were signed with different keys. 

I've already tried to copy the whole ~/Library/Research In Motion directory, but still, no sucess. 

Any ideas on how to migrate a development environment from one computer to another? Are signing keys linked to the Hardware? 

Many thanks!

Karl

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Cannot backup/restore signing keys

-104 means that the APK file was signed with a different (Android development) certificate.  It doesn't relate to the BlackBerry code signing keys that you're transferring using the BlackBerry backup/restore.

So make sure the APK is signed with the same key before you use the BlackBerry tools to package it into a BAR file.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker