Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
jagadish1989
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: at and t

Change Icon apps name same as apps name on portal

My android app got rejected due to the following error

Please fix the following issues and resubmit your application as a new release: 

Items that need attention: 

Change Icon apps name same as apps name on portal 

------------------------------

1)what does this error mean?

what do they mean by app name.. (ie), is it the file name of the submitted bar file or the 

name of the product ? or the sku?

2) how do i fix the error? what do they mean as icons apps name? Does it mean the image that i uploaded ? my .bar file contains an image already.

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheVaan
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telefonica Germany

Re: Change Icon apps name same as apps name on portal

Your app icon (included in the app) hast to be the same icon (not the same size) of the icon you uploaded to app world as application icon.

New Contributor
jagadish1989
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: at and t

Hi Vaan,
Thanks a tonne for your answer and prompt response. :smileyhappy:

Just to clarify - by the same icon, you mean that - the NAME OF THE .png FILE in my .bar should match the name of the file I uploaded to the portal as app icon right? (ie, if i name the icon file as icon.png, then the file uploaded to the portal should also be named as icon.png).
One more question, has this nothing to do with the name of the application (unless the name of the .png file inside the bar and the name of the file uploaded to the portal are similar) ?
Please use plain text.
Developer
TheVaan
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telefonica Germany

The name of the application has to be like the name if the product names in the portal. (little differences are okay)
The name of the icon file has not to be the same. But the content (so what you see) has to be the same. My icon file I uploaded is named "icon_big.png" and the one in bar file is "ic_launcher.png".
New Developer
SanderT
My Device: Z10LE / DevC / PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

The App Icon doesn't have to be the same as the Store icon, as long as they convey the same style and share the same mindset. So you don't have to create an exact upscaled version of the icon, it should however match the theme.

However, let's say if your App is called "Project XY HD" then if you use text inside your icon, it should match the App name. Calling it something like "Project" or "XY" in the icon/image itself, could cause the App to be rejected, since it doens't match the fullname (or an  abbreviated version of the full name, like "Proj. XY" would) of your App. The "HD" part should also be present in the icon/image, but like with many other App, this is sometimes used in a corner or with a small banner across the icon.

The reason for this is to prevent an icon identifying your App as XZ and you App name below it calling it YZ.

Please use plain text.