Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Developer
ncioara
My Device: -

Re: Debugging Playbook Beta 2.1 In App Purchase (IAP)

[ Edited ]

"Right, you need a real PlayBook to test Sandbox/Live Payment services. Apps uploaded to BlackBerry World are built for the ARM architecture, the simulator is X86 so apps will not be compatible."

I don't think this is the case, I was able to install .bar app offline onto the simulator via cmd using blackberry-deploy -installApp -device <device-ip> -package <path-to-.bar-file>

The simulator doesn’t like this fact because when you try to complete a purchase respondes with : "There where problems with completing this purchase. Error 30242"

If as a developer you can't use the simulator to test your apps, then why the hell did they build it? :/

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

GoranHoriaMihail wrote:

I don't think this is the case, I was able to install .bar apps offline onto the simulator via cmd using blackberry-deploy -installApp -device <device-ip> -package <path-to-.bar-file>

The simulator doesn’t like this fact because when you try to complete a purchase respondes with : "There where problems with completing this purchase. Error 30242"

It is. You can deploy BAR files to the PLayBook simulator, but they need to be compiled for x86.
Also, to test in app purchases you either need to have the app in Local mode, or install through BlackBerry World.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

GoranHoriaMihail wrote:

If as a developer you can't use the simulator to test your apps, then why the hell did they build it? :/

You can use the simulator to test Payment Services using local mode, it also works well to test most other APIs. The Payment Services team is working on a way to be able to test live payments, it's just not available yet.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ncioara

In Testing in-app purchases it says "Setting PaymentConnectionMode to Test in your app allows you to use a simulated interface to test digital purchases in your app."

Where do I find this setting?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

GoranHoriaMihail wrote:

In Testing in-app purchases it says "Setting PaymentConnectionMode to Test in your app allows you to use a simulated interface to test digital purchases in your app."

Where do I find this setting?

Thank you.

Kind of veering off on a tangent here. What SDK are you using?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ncioara

Win 7, Eclipse and the black berry plug-in added to eclipse.

We're not veering off the subject as I'm the developer for Mr Kwame's app.

I'm converting the android project to .bar from eclipse by signing it for the app world with RIM keys.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Ah ok, the context makes it much more clear.

Test mode is not supported for Android Runtime applications at this time.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jcentricity
My Device: BlackBerry Bold

I had to do a Security Swipe and reinstall latest update then install worked.

Still testing.

I will be uploading build with confirmation tomorrow

I will let you know results tomorrow.

Kwame

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jcentricity

I want to mention are app works in Google Play. InApp purchasing works. Also may Restore button that reimports inApp purchase that you have bought and marks them as Paid works even without the confirmation code. As a result, the fact that the Google inApp API version 2 is not working with the BlackBerry Payment Service is a sign that there is an issue with your backend. The BlackBerry documentation states that the Google inApp API should just work. This does not appear to be the case. I will let you know the results of the test on Monday
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jcentricity

Confirmation issue will be fixed but our code works in Google Play without the confirmation.

My team is stating the payment service is returning a response indicating no purchases have been

made even thought a Purchase has been made I even removed my sandbox id and my credit card was charged

Please investigate why payment service is returning a response with purchase that were made.

See video again with responses. I think the team that support Payment Service needs to be involved in

the discussion

http://www.forecastica.com/inAppVideo.mpg

Please use plain text.