Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
SoZoe
My Device: Blackberry
My Carrier: Verizon

Denied multiple times bc of signing problem.

Hi, I have submitted my app 3 times to the appworld all getting denied because they say its not signed. I have followed all their guides. I can't figure out whats with it. I go into eclipse I open my android project I then add the blackberry nature, then I config all my information with the bar signer, then I finish and click Sign for Appworld and it says its been successfully signed. and then submit it to appworld. 

Now at first I thought my app had to be in android 4.0 then found out it had to be in android 2.3.3 and now not only am I getting denied because of signing issues, on eclipse I have a red x on my project on dist folder for 2.3.3. Confused and no help from blackberry support. Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone explain whats going on? Blackberry can't seem to help. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Loomist
My Device: PlayBook / Dev Alpha
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Denied multiple times bc of signing problem.

In Eclipse, click on the "Problems" tab (or go to Window > Show View > Problems).  What does it say for Description?  I got an error when I tried to re-sign my app and had to increment the version number.  To increment it, open your AndroidManifest.xml file and increment the "android:versionCode" by 1.

:wq!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Brainstem
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: Three

Are you sure your submitted the correct file? I was also having these issues.

Once you hit 'Sign for App World' it should say succesful for two seperate things (RDK and Author IIRC)

Then go to your Eclipse workspace folder > App name > dist folder. Are you submitting the BAR inside there?

If so, open it up in 7zip and navigate to the 'META-INF' folder. There should be several files in there such as;

- RDK.SF

RDK.EC

- MANIFEST.MF

- AURTHOR.SF

AUTHOR.EC

If all the above is correct, it should be signed correctly. It's also worth opening up the manifest file - if the application ID is prefixed with 'test...', it has not been done correctly.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SoZoe

Oh wow Brainstem your right hmm. How do I fix it? I don't know any other way of signing? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
Brainstem

Which part are you referring to? 

Your using the BAR from the dist folder, and it doesn't have those extra files contained within it?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SoZoe

No, it doesn't I think its because I was using Android 2.3.3. When I opened my other app it had all the fines in it and it was on Android 1.5. but now when I go and resign them with any android sdk besides 2.3.3 and 4.0 it says that it has been prev signed. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Loomist
My Device: PlayBook / Dev Alpha
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Open up your AndroidManifest.xml and increment the "android:versionCode" by 1 and it should fix that.

:wq!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Brainstem

[ Edited ]

Try deleting the original BAR file and incrememting the versioncode in your Android manifest file.

Then try sign again by hitting Sign for App World. Does it say succesfully signed RDK and Author? That should work.

EDIT: Oops, too late

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SoZoe

Seemed to work :smileyhappy: but now I get this error File bundle (MyApp.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle. when adding the release.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Brainstem

SoZoe, also had the same problem.

Unfortunately the only fix currently seems to be to recreate the app in App World. This means you don't get to use the exact same name as your first app.

It sucks, I know. If you can wait, perhaps submit a ticket to blackberry and ask them to manually change it.
Please use plain text.