Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Developer
5hred
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Developers Start here!

Hi,

I am replying as requested.

New Developer
pedja1
My Device: no playbook yet

Hi,

I was just wondering, are the android applications that uses Menu and Back buttons supported and how is that handled because PlayBook doesnt have any physical buttons?

Developer
Smugrik
My Device: PlayBook

Yes, menu is swipe from top bezel, and back is a diagonal swipe from the bottom bezel.
Julien
Web: smugrik.org Follow: @Smugrik
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass
New Developer
pedja1

Ok,
Thanks
New Developer
Din4mic
My Device: Xperia X10i

Count me in, i've started creating android apps a few months ago, and the "portability" to playbook, is just perfect to expand my apps global coverage without much work. ( i'm just having a few problems displaying the orientation to portrait, but may be just the emulator =\ )

My app development website is http://din4mic.redetab.com

Developer
eoinzy
My Device: Playbook

Hi,

I'm relatively new to blackberry. I have just submitted my first app today.

I interned with a company last summer where I worked porting their Android app over to blackberry, but hadn't really worked on Blackberry since then. Working for compatibilty, and with OS <5, was tough at times, but with these new Android tools, in conjunction with the PlayBook OS 2.0, it definitely seems like something I could get back into!

Here's to the future!

Regards,

eoinzy

New Developer
jangrewe
My Device: Playbook Simulator

Hi Mark,

i'd love to join in on the fun and submit my app (~150.000 downloads in Android Market) to App World, but it's already the third day that i'm waiting for my account to be enabled...
Yes, i received that mail that i need to provide a proof of identification, and did send that back, but my status is still "disabled".

If you really want to pull the Android devs to BB, you guys need to work out those issues! It took me under 5 minutes from the initial signup to submitting my first app in the Android Market, and while i understand that there's a manual process involved on your side, it can't take that long, or can it? :Rolleyes:

cheers,

Jan

New Developer
pedja1

I am also waiting for my account to be enabled, i have send my documentations 2 days ago, and in email you said it takes up to 48 hours. Hope you will enable it soon.
New Developer
Din4mic
My Device: Xperia X10i

[ Edited ]

I've sent mine 3 days ago and i haven't received an answer yet =\

EDIT: my account has been activated, but now you guys have 2 new apps to aprove now. =D

New Developer
redman_no1
My Device: playbook

[ Edited ]

Update: I received notification that my account was approved.  Maybe the 24-48 hours mentions in the first email you received means 1-2 business days.

I submitted my identity stuff last friday and am still waiting.  At this rate, I'm wondering if my account will even be enabled before the deadline for the free playbook.....

I got my code signing keys within an hour of requesting them. I didn't have any of the problems others have had with geting their signing keys....

When I try to log in to the developer zone I get an "Account not found" message.....

Mark, Any help for us?