Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Developer
bsearle
My Device: Developer: Tablet/Playbook and Phone/Curve
My Carrier: fido

Do blackberry ADT converted BARs run on Phones (or just playbooks?)

I have found a lot of information about using the blackberry plugin to convert android APKs to playbook BARs.

- but I have seen nothing about running a converted android app on blackberry phones (curve, torch, etc)

Can somebody in the know clarify if there is tooling to convert android apps to blackberry PHONE apps?

And a similar question, can Adobe AIR be used to develop an app for BB PHONES? (or just Playbooks)

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Do blackberry ADT converted BARs run on Phones (or just playbooks?)

[ Edited ]

On the current BB7 phones you can choose between WebWorks and BB Java. No AIR, C/C++ or Android Player.

The upcoming BB10 platform will support Android Player apps, AIR (Flash/Flex/AS3), WebWorks (HTML5/JS) and NDK (C/C++, Qt, Cascades). You can get started on PlayBook now and migrate to BB10 once it becomes available.

See the icons here:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/devzone/platforms

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
New Developer
bsearle
My Device: Developer: Tablet/Playbook and Phone/Curve
My Carrier: fido

Re: Do blackberry ADT converted BARs run on Phones (or just playbooks?)

Thanks, that is exactly the information i was looking for.

Please use plain text.